Wenger fined Sh5.6m and banned by the FA

first_imgThe Gunners boss was ultimately charged for what he said in the referees’ changing room after the game.And an FA statement on Friday read: “Arsene Wenger will serve a touchline ban for Arsenal’s next three matches after he was charged with misconduct.“It follows an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing today at which the Arsenal manager admitted that his language and behaviour in the match officials’ changing room after the West Brom game on Sunday was abusive, improper and questioned the integrity of the match referee. He was also fined £40,000.”Wenger will miss the FA Cup clash with Nottingham Forest, the first leg of the League Cup semi-final against Chelsea and the league tie with Bournemouth.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000After seeing his side end a three-match winless run with a win over Newcastle, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has no worries about a potential lack of staminaLONDON, United Kingdom, Jan 6 – Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been hit with a Sh5.6m (£40,000) fine and a three-match touchline ban after being charged with misconduct by the Football Association.Wenger’s comments about the refereeing during the 1-1 draw at West Brom last weekend, where referee Mike Dean awarded the Baggies a late penalty for handball against Calum Chambers, that saw Jay Rodriguez earn a point for his side, were reviewed by the FA.last_img read more

Excavation finds original potter’s field

first_imgCrews working on a Gold Line extension project unearthed the skeletal remains of 108 people that officials believe were buried in the city’s original cemetery for the poor. The discoveries on the grounds of an old brick crematorium in East Los Angeles revealed a forgotten layer of history, stunning Metropolitan Transportation Authority officials and nearby residents. “I’ve lived in the same house for 70 years,” said Diana Tarango, a longtime Eastside resident. “Even then, growing up as a kid, I never thought of it as a cemetery. It was always a crematorium.” Carbon dating indicates that most of the remains date back to at least the 1890s, said Ray Sosa, the MTA deputy project manager who is planning the Gold Line extension. Burials stopped when the county built a crematorium on the site in 1922 to dispose of the bodies of the poor and unclaimed. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREBlues bury Kings early with four first-period goals Time obscured the existence of the graves, which – along with old coins, empty coffins, metal objects and even garbage – were found beginning in June under trees, a retaining wall and a driveway. No records indicated that bodies were buried anywhere along the new light-rail route, Sosa said. Only one of the bodies, which was buried with its headstone, has been identified, he said. DNA testing would not identify other remains because they are so old, officials said. MTA officials, archaeologists and community members are working together to figure out where to re-inter the bodies. “We want to give these people a proper burial, because it’s obvious they were not given a proper burial in the first place,” said Rick Thorpe, the MTA’s head of construction. “If they had been treated with respect, we would have known where they were located.” 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more