Share 42 Views no discussions Share Tweet LocalNews Several to be awarded at Market Day with a Difference by: – October 28, 2011 Sharing is caring! Creole Market. Image via: Dominica-WeeklyA number of farmers and local vendors will be recognized and awarded tomorrow morning for their outstanding contributions and opportunities created through the production and distribution of food over the years. They will be awarded at tomorrow’s Market Day with a Difference activity which is being organized by the Dominica Export Import Agency (DEXIA) and the Roseau Market Authority. Superintendent of the Roseau Market, Mr Julius Carbon says the awards will cover a wide range of activities and operations at the Market including the vending of vegetables, citrus, root crops, meats, craft, flowers, shops, booths and snackettes.Market Day with a Difference is observed primarily to highlight the contribution of farmers and vendors contributions to the national development effort. In keeping with the renewed emphasis on farmers and vendors, government officials and invited guests are expected to spend more time on the guided tour of the market,” he said.The official ceremony to observe Market Day With A Difference will begin at 8:00am in the covered section of the Market along Laing Lane. A number of government officials including the Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit, Minister of Trade Dr. Collin McIntyre and Parliamentary Representative for the Roseau Central Constituency Hon Norris Prevost are expected to deliver brief addresses.The Pointe Mitchel Cultural Group led by Mrs. Joan Frampton will entertain patrons with a number of cultural performances throughout the day. Dominica Vibes News Share
New Delhi, June 6: Indian captain Virat Kohlis wax figure was unveiled at Madame Tussauds here on Wednesday.Kohli will join other sports sensations in his signature batting pose in the interactive zone. The Delhi batsman’s figure has been crafted from over 200 measurements and photographs taken during the sitting sessions. At the unveiling of his figure, Kohli said: “I sincerely appreciate the efforts and incredible work undergone in making my figure. “Thanks to Madame Tussauds for choosing me for this lifetime experience. I am grateful to my fans for their love and support,” he added.Madame Tussauds Delhi is the world’s most famous wax attraction that opened in the outer circle of Connaught Place here. (IANS)
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — The FBI has named a 20-year veteran of the bureau as the new special agent in charge of the Omaha Field Office, overseeing Nebraska and Iowa.A news release Wednesday from the FBI named Kristi Koons Johnson as the new special agent in charge of the two-state office. She had been serving as chief of a section that investigates transnational criminal organizations at FBI Headquarters in Washington.Johnson joined the FBI in 1999 as a special agent in Chicago, where she spent a decade investigating organized crime and public corruption. She was promoted to supervisory special agent and led a public corruption squad in 2007. In 2010, Ms. Johnson was named the chief division counsel for the Omaha Field Office and promoted three more times before her latest assignment.Johnson holds a bachelor’s degree from Michigan State University and a law degree from the University of Detroit-Mercy.
Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Cleveland Cavaliers guard Kyle Korver (26) waves to the crowd after being honored in the first half of an NBA basketball game against the Atlanta Hawks, Friday, March 3, 2017, in Atlanta. (AP Photo/Brett Davis)CLEVELAND — Cavaliers forward Kyle Korver has been excused from the team to be with family following the death of a younger brother.The team issued a statement late Tuesday night saying Korver’s brother, Kirk, died earlier in the day.ADVERTISEMENT Ax throwing gains in popularity as pastime, sport MMDA deploys rescue team to Batangas following Taal eruption PLAY LIST 01:54MMDA deploys rescue team to Batangas following Taal eruption01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award01:54DOJ chief recommends deployment ban of OFWs to Kuwait02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal MOST READ Palace OKs total deployment ban on Kuwait OFWs Judy Ann’s 1st project for 2020 is giving her a ‘stomachache’ “We extend our deepest condolences and heartfelt best to Kyle and his entire family as they go through this very difficult time,” the Cavs said.Korver is expected to miss Wednesday’s home game against Toronto.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSTim Cone still willing to coach Gilas but admits decision won’t be ‘simple yes or no’Kyle Korver, who is in his second season with Cleveland, left the Cavs last week after his 27-year-old brother became seriously ill in Iowa. Korver played in Monday night’s home win over Milwaukee, scoring 12 points.Korver’s personal situation comes one day after Cavs coach Tyronn Lue stepped away from the team for health reasons. The Cavs have also been dealing with an assortment of injuries as Rodney Hood, Tristan Thompson, Larry Nance Jr. and Cedi Osman have been sidelined. Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew DepEd’s Taal challenge: 30K students displaced Gov’t in no rush to rescue animals in Taal ‘High crimes and misdemeanors’: Trump impeachment trial begins LATEST STORIES Peza offers relief to ecozone firms View comments
Minister for Education Joe McHugh has said he hopes to bring a memo to Cabinet next week to outline the Government’s response to a judge’s findings that a scheme set up to compensate survivors of child sexual abuse was unfair and illogical.Speaking in the Dáil, Minister McHugh acknowledged again that the State scheme “simply did not work”.Earlier this week a judge said the State has misinterpreted a ruling by the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) and in doing so has denied victims of child sexual abuse access to a redress scheme to which they are entitled. Minister McHugh was speaking after Taoiseach Leo Varadkar apologised yesterday on behalf of the State to victims of historic child sexual abuse in schools.He confirmed that a condition requiring a prior complaint of abuse against an applicant’s abuser would now be dispensed with, and that the redress scheme would be reopened.He said his department and the Attorney General are examining the scheme in light of this.The Minister said he was “determined to get it right”. He acknowledged, however, that “words are probably useless today to the survivors”.Mr McHugh said he would meet a group of Limerick men who suffered abuse as small boys at their Christian Brothers school in Creagh Lane.The men are hoping that the State will now compensate them.Fianna Fáil’s Willie O’Dea asked would other barriers facing many survivors now also be removed.He referred to another condition, which requires that proceedings had to be initiated and discontinued within a specific timeframe – known as the statute of limitations. Mr O’Dea said that many survivors had not taken cases within the given time limit for financial or psychological reasons, or because the prevailing view at the time, based on court rulings later upended by the European court of Human Rights, was that they would have no case.Minister McHugh says scheme to compensate abuse victims did not work was last modified: July 15th, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:abuseJoe McHughMinisterSchemevictims
Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting Tags:#news#Product Reviews#web Related Posts mike melanson Last year, when a friend and I went to buy our first iPhones, the first thing we went out and downloaded was Bump – the app that lets you share simply by bumping your phone into another one. It seemed like magic. At the time, however, it was only meant for sharing contact information and it soon made its way to the back of our app screens before eventually disappearing off our phones.These days, Bump is much more than simply a magic app to share your phone number and email address and today we got a chance to sit down with Bump co-founder and CEO David Lieb to talk about where the app has gone and where it’s headed to next.Bump: An App to Fall in Love With, Again A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… First of all, if you haven’t seen Bump lately, we highly recommend you give it a download and a second go around the block. It still has the magical bump action (and fun conversational innuendo) as ever at its heart, but it’s gone well beyond simple contact sharing. Bump can let two people share photos, calendar events, app recommendations and music and even quickly let you compare connections and follow each other on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. It will even let you message other people so you don’t have to worry about SMS fees. (If you’re a cheapskate like me, that is.)Coming Soon to an Android Near YouAccording to Lieb, Bump is one of the most popular apps in the Apple App Store ever and has been downloaded more than 31 million times since it was first released two years ago. Right now, the advanced version of Bump described above is available on iOS, while Android still has music, contacts, photos, and app sharing – no social networks or calendar sharing. Photos sharing is, however, “by far the biggest feature,” said Lieb, with between a half a million and a million photos going through their servers on any given day. The second most popular feature, app recommendations, should be making its way to Android possibly by the end of the week, as Lieb said they are working hard to get a new version of the Android app into the market.While the Android app is just catching up with the iPhone app, Lieb said that both will be adding more quickly, with a general goal of getting access to share everything accessible to users via Bump. Beyond that, however, Bump will start interacting in ways it hasn’t yet.Bumping with People, Places & ThingsBeyond adding more sharing features to Bump, Lieb explained that Bump will be expanding beyond person-to-person interaction.“Another big area … is taking bump beyond just mobile phones and letting you use bump not just in a person-to-person interaction but in a person-to-place or person-to-merchant or person-to-object interaction,” said Lieb. “There’s no reason bump has to run on an iPhone, it can run on lots of pieces of hardware.”While mobile payments seem like an obvious direction for Bump to move in, Lieb said they were focused on more than just payments.“NFC is this huge story these days – Google’s built it in to one of their phones – and the first thing people talk about is payments. We see payments as interesting but it’s not really solving a problem I have as a consumer or a problem that a merchant has selling stuff,” he said.Lieb couldn’t offer much in the way of specifics he said that would could expect some announcements later this year, with new features rolling out in the summer and fall. Right now, said Lieb, “these other types of interactions are more valuable because I can’t walk into a coffee shop and have the menu pop up on my phone and let me order and pay. I can’t do that today. Those interactions that you can’t do yet are going to be the ones that drive these types of connection technologies.”Bump is currently available for both iPhone and Android with an update to the Android version coming as early as the end of this week. 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market
By BEN HARRISIf you type in Michael Mitchell into YouTube, two incredible sporting moments will come up.Both are Australian Rules related and the words astonishing and unbelievable come to mind.They are of Mitchell’s goal against Sydney Swans and mark against Fitzroy Lions.Subsequently they were named the Goal of the Year and Mark of the Year for 1990.In a past life, the 50-year-old touch football enthusiast played for the Richmond Tigers.He represented the Tigers 81 times between 1987 and 1991.He kicked 103 goals in his career but it was the one against the Swans that he’s best remembered. After gathering the ball near his team’s 50m line, Mitchell took one bounce, then another, and then five more, before calmly drilling home a goal.It was such an extraordinary goal, not only did it get Goal of the Year, but it was later named the Goal of the Century for Richmond.“It’s a little bit daunting knowing you got it for a century,” Mitchell said with a laugh.“I go back for a legends game. They invite me back for the dreamtime… They treat me well when I go back there.”Nowadays, Mitchell is still playing for the Tigers but for the Western Tigers at the 2013 X-Blades National Touch League at Coffs Harbour.Touch football is not new for Mitchell, he has been playing since 1984.“I went to the nationals in Sydney for the men’s open.“[When I first saw touch football] thought ‘what is this bloody game’ and then it was a smart game and we changed a bit with our pace and skill and I have been playing ever since.”Mitchell is representing Western Australia in the men’s 50s.His team won one game and lost two on the first day of the tournament.“We’ve got some pretty good players who have got the wheels [speed],” he said.“We just don’t have the regular competition others do week-in and week-out. That’s where we miss out.”“We just missed out on the semis last year. The Mets were two down with two minutes to go and scored two and drew the game and got in on the strength of that over us, so we are hoping to go one better and make the semis.”You can keep up-to-date with all of the latest news and information from the 2013 X-Blades National Touch League in the following ways:Websiteswww.ntl.mytouchfooty.comwww.austouch.com.au Social MediaFacebook – www.facebook.com/touchfootballaustraliaTwitter – www.twitter.com/touchfootyaus (be sure to use the hashtag #NTL2013)Instagram – search for ‘Touch Football Australia’YouTube – www.youtube.com/touchfootballausTouch Football Australia will be live streaming matches on their YouTube page.Related LinksFrom AFL to touch
Norwich sporting director Webber moves to assure Farkeby Paul Vegas7 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveNorwich City sporting director Stuart Webber has assured Daniel Farke the club will not make a knee jerk decision on his future.An injury crisis at Carrow Road hasn’t helped the Canaries in their Premier League return, with the club second bottom with six points.”From a financial point, we’ll be working three years ahead because we can guarantee what our income is,” said Webber. “In terms of our squad progression, we know exactly who is on what contract and when we’d expect them to leave.”You’ve got to be prepared, but you also have to be realistic. That’s what I think is the best thing for our players and Daniel Farke, the fact we don’t judge everything here purely on results.”It’s about what our performances, the process and the culture are like. Are we building the club along the way, not just purely focusing on results?”If we lose, then we won’t be the club to sack Daniel or go and spend £50m in January.”It’s about the journey, and if we get everything right along the way and we get a bit of luck, then we still think we can be successful doing it.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Some of the most active companies traded Friday on the Toronto Stock Exchange:Toronto Stock Exchange (15,303.83, up 92.61 points).Aurora Cannabis Inc. (TSX:ACB). Health care. Down 17 cents, or 1.95 per cent, to $8.53 on 24.4 million shares.MEG Energy Corp. (TSX:MEG). Energy. Down 15 cents, or 2.73 per cent, to $5.35 on 12.4 million shares.Bombardier Inc. (TSX:BBD.B). Industrials. Up one cent, or 0.48 per cent, to $2.10 on 11.4 million shares.Encana Corp. (TSX:ECA). Energy. Up 14 cents, or 1.52 per cent, to $9.34 on 8.8 million shares.Baytex Energy Corp. (TSX:BTE). Energy. Down six cents, or 2.3 per cent, to $2.55 on 6.9 million shares.Hexo Corp. (TSX:HEXO). Health care. Up 51 cents, or 7.96 per cent, to $6.92 on 6.3 million shares.Companies reporting:MEG Energy Corp. Shares in oilsands producer MEG Energy continued to slide Friday after a credit rating agency said rival Husky Energy Inc.’s failure to consummate a hostile takeover bid was actually “credit positive” for Husky. After falling 35.6 per cent on Thursday, MEG stock lost another 2.7 per cent on Friday. Husky lost 4.3 per cent after gaining 12.4 per cent Thursday, Husky’s decision to abandon its bid for MEG after more than 50 per cent of the shares were tendered by Wednesday afternoon’s deadline surprised most financial analysts who had expected it to extend more time to try to achieve the two-thirds support it needed.WestJet Airlines Inc. (TSX:WJA). Up 43 cents or 2.3 per cent to $18.98. The Transportation Safety Board of Canada says an onboard fire that forced a WestJet plane to return to the Calgary International Airport soon after takeoff last June was caused by spare e-cigarette lithium-ion batteries that a passenger failed to declare in his checked baggage. The agency says in a report that a backpack caught fire and caused minor thermal damage to the cargo compartment’s fire-resistant liner near the bag. An investigation could not determine if the damage occurred before the batteries arrived at the airport or during baggage handling.Canadian National Railway Co. (TSX:CNR). Up 25 cents to $109.25. The Federal Court of Appeal has upheld a ruling that found the courts have jurisdiction to determine damages CN Rail must pay after breaching its service obligations to a Prairie grain shipping company during a bumper crop five years ago. The case goes back to a complaint filed by Calgary-based Louis Dreyfus Commodities Canada Ltd. to the Canadian Transportation Agency. Dreyfus said CN failed to provide enough rail cars to some of its grain elevators in Alberta and Saskatchewan to ship the record 2013-2014 grain crop.The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER – Jim Pattison’s Great Pacific Capital Corp. has made an offer to buy the rest of Canfor Corp. it does not already own for $16 per share.Shares in Canfor closed at $8.80 on the Toronto Stock Exchange on Friday.Great Pacific already owns about a 51 per cent stake in the lumber producer. The offer values Canfor at about $2 billion.Great Pacific says the proposed transaction will allow for the elimination of the significant costs related to maintaining a public company listing and allow for reinvestment of that money in the company’s operations.Canfor says it has formed a special committee of independent directors to review the offer and consider its strategic alternatives.